Monday, May 2, 2011

INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND

  Hello and welcome to my library blog

My name is David Wiseley and I collect library cards. Yes that is a little unusual. I Agree. There must be some story behind such an odd collection and there is.

HOW IT STARTED
I have always enjoyed libraries. But never thought about collecting library cards until one day I was cleaning out my wallet. I found a library card from two colleges I had attended, one from the town i had previously lived in, one from the town where i worked, one from the small community where I now lived and another one from a larger library in a near by city. "That is quite a collection you have there"!  That was the start.

HOW BIG IS THE COLLECTION
     I don't really know.  Not many. Maybe 50 or 60. I am not concerned with collecting a large number., but libraries that are special to me for some reason.  I only collect cards from libraries that I have personally visited. 

PURPOSE OF THIS BLOG
     Librarians often want to know more about libraries I have visited. The large notebook of cards and photos is now large enough it is becoming awkward to carry. This blog will permit me to share the photos and fun stories of libraries I have visited without carrying all my collection. The blog will make all of my collection available where ever there is an Internet connection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment